1. The balance of your account must be paid before the goods may leave the premises.
2. A 20% Deposit is required in all standard orders.
3. Special orders must be paid for in full at the time of order.
NATURAL / MAN-MADE PRODUCTS
4. The customer must accept that the product being purchased is natural or designed to look natural and, as such, there will always be variations in the product you see in the store and the product that is delivered. Fires & Fireplaces cannot guarantee that a natural or natural look, product will precisely resemble the samples held by the store and goods cannot be refunded nor exchanged.
DELIVERY / COLLECTION
5. If goods are delivered to you, or collected by you, you must sign to say you have inspected and accepted the goods. If you give up this right, or sign “Unchecked” or the equivalent of, No claim can be made to Fires & Fireplaces for any defects, damage, chips, or marks in the goods.
6. Collection by, or delivery to an installer / other is delivery to the customer and Fires & Fireplaces are excluded of all liability for damage caused once the goods have left the shop.
7. Most orders take 4 weeks to arrive. Any dates that we specify for delivery of goods are approximate and Fires & Fireplaces shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay in the delivery of the goods and time is not of essence in the contract.
LPG (Liquid Petroleum Gas)
8. If you require an LPG fire, you must state this at the time of order. This should be printed on your invoice. If your invoice does not stipulate LPG, then your fire will be delivered as NG (Natural Gas) and there will be an additional cost for obtaining the LPG conversion kit. (If available)
9. Goods that are used with solid fuel fires (real fires) have no guarantee.
Never allow ash to get as high as the fire bars.
ALWAYS “RUN IN” NEW APPLIANCES WITH SMALL FIRES AND BUILD UP GRADUALLY
10. Fires & Fireplaces will not accept liability for any cost incurred as a result of incorrect measurements or information supplied by the customer.
11. It is the customer’s responsibility to check all the information printed on the invoice is correct at the time of order.
12. All goods must be inspected and accepted prior to installation taking place. No claim can be made to Fires & Fireplaces for any defects in the product after installation has taken place.
13. Fires & Fireplaces has the right to cancel any order without notice and shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused.
14. Cancelled orders are subject to discretionary charge
15. Products sold come with a maximum liability period of 12 months
16. Fires & Fireplaces are not liable for, compensation or consequential losses (e.g. loss of earning, business losses, stress and inconvenience) arising from a product breakdown, including repair delays caused by factors outside our reasonable control
17. Fires & Fireplaces specialise in the sale and supply of Fires and Fireplaces. We do not install fires, or fireplaces.
18. The list of local installers supplied by Fires & Fireplaces are Independent traders and they are solely responsible for the installation and delivery of the goods. All payment for installation is paid to the installer directly. (see Terms No 19)
19. If you are having your fire / fireplace installed before completion of a new build property. We will show the cost of installation on your invoice and take payment for installation. Please note all terms still apply.
20. Fires & Fireplaces cannot be liable for any losses, costs, charges or expenses caused by any aspect of installation or delivery.
21. Any estimates provided by Fires & Fireplaces for installation are approximate and charges should be agreed directly between the customer and the customers chosen installer.
22. You are under no obligation to any installers from the local installers list.
23. It is the customer’s responsibility to check the GAS SAFE / HETAS registered installer’s identification card before work is carried out.
24. If you are using an installer from the local installers list, then you must fill in a “customer completion form” before and after installation. Failure to fill in the customer completion form, or signing, “Unchecked or the equivalent of, will result in Fires & Fireplaces accepting no responsibility for the goods.